What's new
???

What features do you wish the server had?

The4byssWatcher

I wanted to see what features people want or think would be best for the survival or skyblock server. My main problem with the server is the locking of mod spawners through levels and chest. What would you want changed or added to the server? Maybe they would be added in the future, who knows.

The4byssWatcher

Things I would change Part 1:
- Giving resource world a nether / end. I know now that the end and nether reset but I would still change it so people could make nether / end houses if they want.
- Adding dynmap plugin so we could have a online / web version of the minecraft map to visit people's houses.
- Fix the /pweather command to also turn off sounds of thunder storms.
- Fixing the /condence command to finally condence nether quartz into nether nether nether quartz blocks

The4byssWatcher

Things I would change Part 1.1:
- As I talked about previously about giving the resource world / nether there own world. I retract that as I was given more insight from the admins and moderators about why that would not be possible and could potential break the balance of the game at it's current state.
- Fixing the PyroFish addon to allow gutting of vanilla fish. Currently you can sell the fish through /fish shop, but you cannot gut them for entropy. (Even for a small amount)

Haemorrhoid

Haemorrhoid
Haemorrhoid
@The4byssWatcher

Adding dynmap plugin so we could have a online / web version of the minecraft map to visit people's houses.

Dynmap is a notoriously laggy plugin, although the purpur dev is working on a lightweight alternative called pl3xmap (github) (preview) which seems promising when it's finished.

Fixing the /condence command to finally condence nether quartz into nether nether nether quartz blocks

Condense doesn't turn quartz into quartz blocks because it's a one-way recipe; once they're blocks, they can't be changed back. It's the same for nether warts and their blocky counterpart.

Fixing the PyroFish addon to allow gutting of vanilla fish. Currently you can sell the fish through /fish shop, but you cannot gut them for entropy. (Even for a small amount)

Guardian farms allow for large amounts of fish to be farmed fully afk, so allowing them to be gutted would throw off the entropy prices massively, which would be unfair to those who actively grind for entropy.

Fix the /pweather command to also turn off sounds of thunder storms.

/pweather is an EssentialsX command, you could submit an issue report here although I doubt it'll be fixed/changed because the lightning strike event doesn't only occur during storms.

The4byssWatcher

Dynmap is a notoriously laggy plugin, although the purpur dev is working on a lightweight alternative called pl3xmap (github) (preview) which seems promising when it's finished.
I agree it can be pretty laggy for servers. The pl3xmap looks very promising as it can give a more interactive map for this server if players want to see where there small town or house is compared to the rest of the world.

Condense doesn't turn quartz into quartz blocks because it's a one-way recipe; once they're blocks, they can't be changed back. It's the same for nether warts and their blocky counterpart.
Condense command with an override attached to it like /condense f <blockname_to_override>, is a simple-minded and modular way of fixing the current issue. It allows the keep the current command and expands for players who want to condense a 1-way recipe, which is the more modular part of the command. Allowing the user to pick and chose what recipe they want to condense into without misunderstanding what they are about to do.

Guardian farms allow for large amounts of fish to be farmed fully afk, so allowing them to be gutted would throw off the entropy prices massively, which would be unfair to those who actively grind for entropy.
It's why I tacked onto the end about selling for very little. Even if it was 1 - 5 entropy per stack it would expand the add-on and allow every fish to be gutted and stopping the confusion about what can and cannot be turned into entropy. Less features is not a fix for balance and for me I think should be re-evaluated and looked into more as something that could be changed in the future.

/pweather is an EssentialsX command, you could submit an issue report here although I doubt it'll be fixed/changed because the lightning strike event doesn't only occur during storms.
I can see where this one could be more tricky as harder to change. I was more talking about disabling sounds from current thunderstorms and rain. Which are only caused by storms. The lighting isnt't the problem it's more about the thundering sounds and rain when it's sunny outside for anyone who uses the command to escape the bad weather and sounds.

Haemorrhoid

Haemorrhoid
Haemorrhoid
Condense command with an override attached to it like /condense f <blockname_to_override>, is a simple-minded and modular way of fixing the current issue. It allows the keep the current command and expands for players who want to condense a 1-way recipe, which is the more modular part of the command. Allowing the user to pick and chose what recipe they want to condense into without misunderstanding what they are about to do.
I can see where you're coming from here. Condense is also an EssentialsX command, so you may have some luck with a feature request on their github page.

It's why I tacked onto the end about selling for very little. Even if it was 1 - 5 entropy per stack it would expand the add-on and allow every fish to be gutted and stopping the confusion about what can and cannot be turned into entropy. Less features is not a fix for balance and for me I think should be re-evaluated and looked into more as something that could be changed in the future.
I don't think there is any confusion about what can and cannot be turned into entropy. Named fish from the PyroFishing plugin can be gutted, vanilla fish cannot. Further, the plugin calculates the amount of entropy to give per fish, so there could not be a "per stack" value for vanilla fish without rewriting the gutting station. You've also got to consider that a guardian farm collects vanilla fish much quicker than you can fish them, so whatever bonus entropy you'd get, the afk farmer would get more. By minimising what the afk farmer would get, you make your own bonus negligible so the change may as well not be made.

YJacyy

YJacyy_CMC
YJacyy_CMC
Dont know if this is a feature but, could we remove certain stuff in the nether e.g. we remove normal skeletons or remove endermen, to increase the spawn rate of wither skeletons, currently, it is quite hard to find them.

Kyril

Senior Admin
Staff member
Already done for normal skeletons and endermen in the nether, but we'll look into polling other mobs

CalamityMC 2020 © All rights reserved. We are not affiliated with Mojang AB.